Property portals like RightMove, Zoopla & S1Homes see a huge spike in viewers over Christmas/New Year. Christmas day alone has over one million people viewing RightMove’s website. Here’s some Christmas home selling tips.
Why so much interest at Christmas?
Makes perfect sense really. People are relaxed, have time on their hands and a break from the in-laws is always welcome. More seriously, there’s some easy to understand psychology going on. With the arrival of new year minds turn to planning for the year ahead. Also, the big property websites tend to advertise heavily over the period. Catching buyer attention in the process.
Seasonal selling tips
- Decoration overload – Few things give a home as welcoming a feel as Christmas decorations. It can create a picture postcard look. However, keep it simple and uncluttered.
- Kerb appeal – A few fairly lights and a holly wreath on the front door create a wonderful, all important, first impression.
- Garden – Don’t forget the back garden. A few lights twinkling away will look fantastic when viewing from inside the home.
- Christmas smells – Build on the welcoming feel with some nice aromas. Be it incense sticks or something nice at dinner time.
- Warm & welcoming – Get the heat on! If you have real or gas fires make sure they are roaring.
Our 3D virtual tours are a PERFECT Christmas accompaniment
Unique to Central Estate Agents, we can present your home in stunning 3D. Viewers can take a virtual tour around your property. It’s a level of engagement that photos or video cannot match. It’s a match made in heaven. Our 3D home viewing technology matched with all those shiny new tablets and phone gifts over Christmas. Goes together like mulled wine and hangovers. Have a look at our Virtual 3D Tour Demo.
Beat your competition to the new year!
Call us today and we can pop by for a free no commitment valuation on your home. No hard sell. Simple honest advice. Alternatively pop by to our shop at 620 Crow Road, G13 1NP for egg nog and a Christmas pie.
Christmas Home Selling Tips
So there you have it. The Central Estate Agents Christmas quick guide to selling your home at Christmas.
Have a wonderful fun filled Christmas.
Bill, Craig & Nala